Skip to content
Writing an effective letter requires a good skill. Letters are of two types:
- Formal Letter &
- Informal Letter
The Formal Letter is written to the point. So, it is very precise. It may be:
- A Letter to the Editor
- A Letter to the Principle
- A Letter to the Police Authority
- A Letter to the Municipality Corporation/Department
- A Business Letter
You’re expected not to write anything unnecessary in Formal Letters. Such letters thus are to the point and precise. The following Formal Letters are apt to be practised properly for Bank Exams:
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager to share an innovative idea on File Management System in Banks.
- Write a letter to the newspaper Editor on how to stop Crime in the City.
- Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being.
- A letter of complaint: Being a customer of a so and so bank. You have to write a complaint letter to the Bank Manager about the negligence/irresponsibility of the employees.
- Letter to the Editor about tampering the currency notes by punching pins to it.
- An Informal Letter about telling your friend about the advantages of PPF account and suggesting to him to open a PPF account.
- You are withdrawing money from an ATM but the ATM turn out to be malfunctioning. So, the money didn’t come out but deducted from the account. Write a letter to bank manager for the refund.
- A Letter to Regional Manager for change in bank timing as it is inconvenient for customers.
- A Letter to Superintendent of Police raising the concern over the increased cases of theft near ATM
- A letter to Bank for applying Educational Loan providing all particular.
Important Letter Topics Asked Previously
- A Letter to a friend for encouraging which he is writing for the third time.
- A Letter to the Editor for publishing some articles on stress Management since these are exam season.
- A Letter to the Bank Manager about the bad habit of stapling currency notes.
- A Letter to a Friend to make him aware of the importance and benefit of PPF (Public Provident Fund) account.
- A Letter to the Management for the rude behavior of one of the employees.
- A Letter to the Manager of the Bank for the Overdraft Facility which you stopped long ago with the bank.
- A Letter to the Branch Manager to add your daughter’s name as a second nominee for your savings account.
- A Letter to your Friend to avoid junk food and inform her/him of its bad consequences.
- Write a Letter to your friend explaining to him your retirement plan.
- Mr. Piyush applied for a loan of Rs. 26 lacs but he is eligible only or Rs. 22 lacs. Write a Letter as a Bank Manager telling him about the refusal of his loan in a polite manner.
- Write a letter to a client of your Bank who got a car loan from you 2 years ago and has sold it now without paying the load.
- Write a Letter to your friend sharing experience of selection in SBI / IBPS Exam.
- Write an Application to Branch Manager as you have lost your receipt of term deposit which matures next week asking him what steps need to be taken next.
- Write a Letter to a Friend who has got a scholarship to study abroad but is not willing to go as he is a single child of his parents.
- You completed B.Com. (Banking & Insurance). Write an unsolicited letter to the Bank Manager for the job.
- Write a Letter to the Client as a Manger to help him close his Savings Account.
- Write a Letter to the newspaper regarding loan easiness.
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager reporting him of the missing of a Debit Card.
- Write a Letter to the Editor about Air Pollution giving some suggestions.
- Write a letter to a friend advising him/her not to lose hope after failure in the university exam.
- Write a Letter to the Editor describing the menace of Electronic waste.
- Write a Letter to you DTH Operator to deactivate your connection for one month since you’ll be out of the station.
- Write a letter to ISRO team congratulating them about their Mars Orbiter Mission.
- A Letter from you (Bank Manager) to account holder asking him not to deactivate his Debit Card and provide him information about the benefits of a Debit Card.
- A Letter to the BSNL Manager to surrender your Landline Phone number.
- A Letter to a Bank Manager to open a Branch in your neighborhood.
- A Letter to the Editor about your views on ever-increasing crime against women.
- A Letter to a leading computer manufacturer for OS upgrade of your bank’s terminals. (PCs)
- Write a letter to your Bank Manager seeking a loan for a second home. Also inform him of the loan on your first home that has not been repaid fully, yet.
- Lodge a Police complaint about a lost purse.