Dear SEBI Grade A Aspirant,
As the examination for Phase-I is coming closer, you need to accelerate the pace of your preparation. The following covers the Section on Error Detection comprising eight problems with proper solution:-
- The free laptop and cycles schemes (A) / for students studying (B) / in government schools and other educational institutions (C) / should not be discontinued. (D) / No error (E)
- Those who are looking to visit (A) / hill stations in the state (B) / no longer needs to obtain (C) / prior permission by applying for e-passes. / (D) / No error (E)
- The recent concluded third annual (A) / United States-India 2+2 ministerial (B) / dialogue has amplified the ongoing (C) / conversation in India. (D) / No error (E)
- “The US will stand with the people of India (A) / as they face threats (B) / to their sovereignty and their liberty,” Mr. Pompeo said hinting (C) / at the ongoing tense scenario in eastern Ladakh. (D) / No error (E)
- The court has convicted (A) / all the four offenders (B) / with the same charge (C) / of raping and murdering a 39-year-old woman. (D) / No error (E)
- The Mumbai police investigated (A) / into the case (B) / and found that the film star (C) / had been murdered. (D) / No error (E)
- The letter that Mr. Swami had received (A) / a day ago (B) / indicated that he was not eligible for (C) / the post as he was visually impaired. (D) / No error (E)
- She submitted a letter (A) / to the State Commissioner for (B) / persons of disabilities, (C) / asking for action to be initiated. (D) / No error (E)
- (E) There is no error.
- (C) ‘needs’ should be replaced with ‘need’ as the Subject (Those) is plural
- (A) Write ‘The recently concluded..’ instead as the Verb ‘concluded’ must be modified by an Adverb.
- (C) Write ‘said Mr. Pompeo…’ instead. If the Reporting Clause is used at the end comprising a Noun as a Subject, it must be inverted (Verb + Subject).
- (C) Replace ‘with’ with ‘of’ as the word ‘convict’ takes the preposition ‘of’.
- (B) Remove ‘into’ as ‘investigate’ does not take any preposition.
- (A) Remove ‘had’ as the sentence must be in Simple Past Tense. (Indicator – a day ago)
- (C) Write ‘with’ instead of ‘of’
We provide you with Descriptive Paper Mocks for this examination with a 360-degree evaluation and study-notes. For details, click here.